I Guess I Have to Become the Demon Lord
I Guess I Have to Become
the Demon Lord
A Kleelee
Creative Group Original
By Tony L.
Grayson Jr
Chapter 1
“Yo
J, while you out, stop by the corner store and pick me up an Arizona Green Tea.”
Franklin shouted as I left. “Bet. You want anything Lily?” I asked my
girlfriend as I was walking out of the door. “Yeah, can you get me Hot Fries
and a Gatorade?” Franklin, Lili, and I have been living together for the better
part of two years now. We all went to college together, and with the prices in
Florida as high as they are, we decided that this was the best option. As I
head out of the apartment, I respond, “I got you love. I’ll be right back.” I
close the door, lock it, and make my way to my car, a beautiful Crimson Red Chevrolet
Impala sitting on twenty-two-inch carbon flash metallic wheels. My pride and
joy, next to Lili of course. I get in
the car, turn it on, and as I wait for my Bluetooth to connect, I look at the
surrounding area. I really love this area. We chose a community next to the
woods, so every now and then, you would see wildlife. The wild deer would walk
right up to you because they were so used to human interaction, the bunnies
would scatter whenever anything got too close, and since we lived near a creek,
you would often see hard shell turtles waltzing about.
Bluetooth
Connected. Time to go. I put on my favorite
track by Earthgang, Missed Calls, and ride out. I make my way to the bank to
get my portion of the rent money. Another reason this area is great is because
everything is super close to us. As I’m riding down the street, I notice the
largest turtle I have ever seen crossing the street. I have to pull over
because the side of the street that the turtle is walking has the worst
lighting. I pull over, turn my hazards on, proceed to get out of my car and
make my way to this turtle. As I bend down to pick It up, I speak to it and
say, “I’m happy I got to you before any cars drove by. Let’s get you from the
middle of the street.” I pick up the massive turtle, move it to the other side
of the street, and place it in the grass, still wet from the sprinklers that
were on earlier that day. “There you go, safe as a house.” I turn, look both
ways before crossing the street, when I hear a voice say, “Thank you.” Thinking
I just saved someone’s turtle, I turn around and see nothing. I must be high as
shit. I am hearing things. I laugh to myself and jog back to my car.
As
I make my way to the bank, I pull to the drive through ATM and the screens
tells me it is out of order. I whisper to myself, of course it is. I find a
parking space, then make my way to the walk-up ATM, insert my card, and pull
out my six hundred dollars for my portion of the rent, grab my receipt, and
stare at the ATM screen until it asks to insert the card again. You can never
be too careful, might end up with someone taking all my money out of the ATM. As
the screen went to the main menu, I begin to make my way back to my car. As I
get to my car, I notice someone staring at me, so I have to stare back. As I
begin to drive away, the man who was staring at me walks to my car and knocks
at my window, asking for money. I look at the panhandler who has missing teeth,
holes in his clothing, and ragged shoes and mouthed, I ain’t got it, and
drive away. It always makes me feel bad to not give money, but I do not get
paid until Friday, so I’ll come back in three days to get him some money.
I
ride to the corner store, and I back in as to park. I get out of the car, lock
the door, and make my way in the store. I open the door and hear the chime as I
enter, “Watup Ali!” I shout as I enter the store. “What’s up boss man, how are
you today?” He replies, I respond, “You know me, trynna make another buck.” Ali
laughed and responded, “I know that’s right brother.” As I make my way to the
cooler, I open its grab two Arizona’s and a Blue Gatorade. After, I make my way
down the snack isle, grab the big bag of hit fries and two spicy pickles. I
make my way to the counter, and Ali ask, “You need anything else?” I think and
ask, “Do you do cashier’s checks here?” He looks at me and responds, “No. You’re
going to have to go the Publix down the street. That’s the closest place that
does It.” I respond, “Bet. How much all this gonna run me?” After putting
everything in he says, “That’ll be eleven dollars and sixty-seven cent.” I pull
out my card, enter the chip, and wait for the receipt. The printer starts and
Ali hands me the receipt, “Sign here please.” I take the receipt and give him
my John Hancock. “Be easy Ali.” He responds, You too brother.”
As
I leave the store and unlock the door to my car, I feel something hard on my
back. “Run them pockets boy.” My heart dropped as I put my hands up. I respond,
“Alright man. Imma reach to my pocket to give you everything.” I slowly reach
into my pocket and give the unknown assailant the money I just got from the
bank. “Give me the phone too.” I hand him my phone. “And the keys to the whip.”
I hand him the keys. “Give me that bag too.” I hand him the bag of snacks I
just purchased when I heard Ali scream, “WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!” *BANG
BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG* I see Ali fall to the ground, and I feel a
burning sensation in my back. It was a pain that I’d never felt in my life.
Everything in a daze, I see a tall lanky man get into my car and drive away. I
struggle to breathe, but I cannot get air into my lungs. I feel my back, and it
is warm. I look at my hands, and I see blood, the same color of my car, on my
hand. I try to stand, but I cannot move. I cough, and blood falls from my
mouth. I try to call out to someone… Anyone... My shouts could not leave my
mouth. I see my mothers face first, then my fathers. I see both of my brothers
and three of my sisters. I see my football coach, my favorite teacher, the
teacher I hated the most. My first love, then I see Lili. I manage to whisper
Lili once more before everything fades to black….
Would
you like to continue? Yes/No. What is that? 10….
9…. Continue what? 8…. 7…. Dazed and confused, I look around and am
surrounded by complete darkness. 6…. 5… 4… I. Would… 3… 2… 1…
YES! I manage to scream. Loading… You have been selected for a special
class. I sluggishly shout, what does that mean!? No answer.
“Well, well, well, if it isn’t
turtle boy.” Ahh, great. I have to deal with this shit again. “What’s up birds
for brain.” The way his eye twitched, I must’ve struck a nerve. He is a Bird
Beastman, so it could just be his eye picking something up. “What are you doing
on this side of town Snapper?” I look around and notice the others in his group
slowly surrounding me. “You know, had to pick up an order of worms for ya
moms.” Now visibly angry, he rushes at me, “We’ll see how we’re going to send
you back to your mom!” All at once, they all jump on top of me, clawing,
scratching, and pecking at me. “AYO, TAKE HIS SHOES!” The Tiger Beastman
screamed as several of the attackers went for both shoes. Though their attacks
did little damage, I knew if they got my shoes, I would have no chance of catching
them. Sigh, this Is humiliating, but I have no choice. I retract my arms, head,
and legs to hide inside of the gigantic shell on my back. They all burst into
laughter! One proclaimed, “Aye, he really does go into his shell! BWAA HA
HAAA!”
This is torture on another level. I
definitely have higher than average defense and health, but that’’s because I’m
basically a god damned turtle! This is beyond me. Whatever. I got what I came
here for, time to head back home. As I make my way back home, I see the kids
who just jumped me all laughing and pointing across the street. I take a mental
note of every single one. I refuse to let my life in this world be like this.
As I arrive to the house, I admire the scenery every day I get to see the
tremendous wonders of nature. To see the show capped Frello Mountains daily is one
of my escapes. As I get closer to my home and I notice two official looking vehicles
outside my house.
I make my way into the house and
proclaim, “Mada, I’m home. Got everything from the store. My mother sits on the
sofa crying as two officers sit on the sofa across from here. The first is a
human, definitely not a good sign, the second is a Dog Beastman. The Dog began,
“Are you Jules DeCano?” I look at my mother and she look away with tears
running down her face. I look at the officer and respond, “I am. What’s this
all about officer?” The officer hands me summons, “You are hereby summoned to
His Majesty’s Royal Army. You are to report at 9:00am sharp at the Avos Train
Station. Failure to comply will result in imprisonment for the term of ten
years. Is that understood?” I now understood why my mom was crying. Tomorrow is
my birthday, and I am being shipped off to die in war. “Yes sir.” He hands me
the summons paper as the second officer leaves the humble house. The Dog
Beastman whispers in my ear, “I’m sorry brother, good luck,” then exited the
premises.
As my mother began to bawl, I sat
next to her to comfort her, “Hey, hey. It’s going to be alright. I’ll beat the
odds. No one can take a hit like me moms.” She said not a word, just wrapped
her wrinkly arms around me a hugged me tight. I stood up and began to speak,
“Look, I got the stuff that we were going to use to have a party tomorrow, how
about I go get everyone who was coming tomorrow, get them to come tonight, and
we have a going away party. Get everything ready, I’ll be back.” She looked at
me, smiled and in a warm voice replied, “Be careful. It’s almost dark.” I
smiled and responded, “You know I will.” I leave to go to my aunt’s place
burdened with a lot on my mind. I guess this was always a possibility. I knew
that Beastman got conscripted to be the infantry in His Majesty’s Royal Army. I
just don’t know why we as Beastman put up with this. That’s dangerous talk
I hear as I stop dead in my tracks. I look to my left and right and see no one.
I must be trippin. I make it to my aunt’s house as she lets me in.
Hey Auntie, she hugs me tight. She
looks at me and asks, “What happened?” I get a confused look on my face and
respond, “What do you mean?” She motions me to the sofa as she responds, “It’s
written all over your face JD. Did something happen to your mother.” A soft
smile runs across my face as the woman who basically raised me alongside my
mother knew my every emotion. I respond, “No, mom will be okay…” I take a deep
breath before I continue, “I got drafted into the Army.” Soon as the words left
my mouth, I could see the dagger it left on her heart. Her son got killed in
the army, so these types of things hit hard for her. “Oh baby!” She said softly
as she began to cry. After she lets me go, I look to her and say, “look, we’re
at times of peace, I’ll be fine. I promise.” She looked at me glumly and
retorted, if we’re at peace, then why do they keep taking away all of our
babies?” It was a question I had no answer for. After a long while, I stood up
and told her, “Auntie. We’re going to have the part tonight instead of
tomorrow. I’m getting everyone now. Will you be able to make it?” She stood up
and responded, “Why are we doing it tonight?” I explained the entire situation
with the officers. Exasperated, she responded, “That’s plain wrong. How can
they keep doing this to us?” after a moment, defeated, she replied, “of course
I’ll come by. You go back home, I’ll let everyone know the news. You must feel
the worst than all of us would baby.” I stood up and thanked her, gave her one
last hug, then went on my way.
Making my way back home, I took the
scenic route of the town I would probably not see again. I passed by my old
school and began to reminisce about the fun times. I go through the towns
bazaar, saying my hi’s and byes to the people I grew up with. On my way home,
Bird Brain and his crew saw me again and came to do our dance again. “Look like
Turtle Boy hasn’t had enough yet boys.” I smile, look at him, draw back, and
punch as hard as I can across his beak, cracking it. I stand as everyone else
looks and I scream, “I’m going to the Army tomorrow, if anyone wants some, it’s
looking like now is a good time. I already rocked your buddy, y’all can have
some next.” They stood looking at me for a moment, stunned by the revelation, and
the Cheetah Beastman said, “Hey. Good luck bro. I lost my brother to the Army.
Hope you” make it back.” I do not know why, but that’s the one that got me
crying. Damn embarrassing as I turned and ran home.
As I arrived home, I looked to my
mom as she was preparing a meal for the night. I spoke to her and said, “Mada,
I’m going to get some rest before the party.” She replied, “Alright. I’ll wake
you up when people start arriving.” She returned to cooking as I made my way
upstairs. I went to my bed, layer down and fell asleep.
Remember… Remember...!
REMEMBER!!! A flood of memories pours
in from a past life. My past life. What’s going on. I see a turtle the size of
a mountain in front of me. “I have brought you here on a whim as a thanks. You
arrived here a lot faster than I did, ho ho ho. I am a turtle after all. I
don’t move the fastest. That’s neither here nor there though. Come to me. As I
slowly make my way to the turtle I ask, “Who are you?” He responded, “Not
important.” As he placed his enormous claw on the shell on my back. “And now
the favor is repaid.” A screen showed in my mind. “What’s this?” I asked. He
responded, “You’ll figure it out.” And vanished. What is this… Str? Const? Dex…
This almost seems like a stat sheet. Like the ones you see in video game. Bro…
What is going on???
|
JULES DeCano Age: 17 | Class: Turtle Beastman |
Lvl: 1 |
|||||||||
|
STR |
CONST |
DEX |
INT |
WISD |
CHAR |
HLTH |
DEF |
MGC |
SPD |
|
3 |
5 |
10 |
10 |
8 |
5 |
20 |
80 |
5 |
1 |
|
SKILLS AND
ABILITIES |
|||||||||
|
? |
? |
? |
? |
? |
? |
? |
? |
? |
?
|
|
? |
? |
? |
? |
? |
? |
? |
? |
? |
? |
|
? |
? |
? |
? |
? |
? |
? |
? |
? |
? |
|
? |
? |
? |
? |
? |
? |
? |
? |
? |
? |
|
? |
? |
? |
? |
? |
? |
? |
? |
? |
? |
|
? |
? |
? |
? |
? |
? |
? |
? |
? |
? |
|
? |
? |
? |
? |
? |
? |
? |
? |
? |
? |
|
? |
? |
? |
? |
? |
? |
? |
? |
? |
? |
|
? |
? |
? |
? |
? |
? |
? |
? |
? |
? |
Comments
Post a Comment